Tuesday, July 14, 2009

How do I fix compling error 2209?

I'm learning C++ and I'm using a compiler called borland. Error 2209 reads as this:





Error E2209 c:\coding\template.cpp 2: Unable to open include file 'iostream.h'


*** 1 errors in Compile ***





I need some help asap. I'm a hobby programmer and this is putting my learning on hold.

How do I fix compling error 2209?
Make sure the line reads: #include %26lt;iostream.h%26gt;





The angled brackets denote that the compiler should look in the project's common include folder(s) for the file being specified. If you were you using ("" - quotation marks), you would be required to specify the location of the file relative to the main project file/directory.





I suggest you use Visual Studio as your compiler, it is far better supported and much better equipped to handle newer programmers. It is available free - see source link (scroll-down and click C++ version [yellow]).


No comments:

Post a Comment