Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What do I enter in the location when working with ASP.NET web application in order to save my work?

I am working with Microsoft Visual Studio.Net 2003 at home. I need to create a Visual C# project using the template ASP.NET web application. I do not know what to state in the location.





I understand that it should be a URL but what exactly should it be?


Can a geocities or a free web hosting website do?


If so, how do I do it?

What do I enter in the location when working with ASP.NET web application in order to save my work?
If you want to host the application on the same machine, it should be http://localhost/%26lt;Virtual Directory%26gt;. You can also use %26lt;Virtualhttp://127.0.0.1/%26lt;Virtual Directory%26gt;





If you want to host on a machine within your local area network, you can use the name of the machine or the ip address of the machine. Type ipconfig from commadline to get the ip address of any machine.





%26lt;Virtual Directory%26gt; is the folder you creat for your application.





If you want to host it somewhere else, you need to FTP the files to the server then you can use the website's name.





I did not clearly understand your question. But I hope this helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment