Thursday, July 9, 2009

Debug flag w/ Standard Template Library?

Is there some way to turn off the debugging provided by the Standard Template Library while still running a program under a debugger?





I am working on a program (C++, using MS Visual Studio 2005 professional) and have incorporated some STL vectors. The program is very math intensive. When I run in debug mode, the debug checking provided by STL slows the program to the point that I am getting no work done. It takes close to an hour to come to the breakpoint that I want. The program runs in about 30 sec. in release mode.





The part that uses the vectors is already working fine, but I have to process through that to get to the part that still needs to be debugged.





Is there a flag I can set to shut off the debug checking of the STL vectors while still running in debug mode?

garden

No comments:

Post a Comment